Be the first
See the best offers and latest cottages Handpicked just for you!
Sign up to our e-newsletter
This is your chance to stay in this VisitEngland 5 star Gold, self-catering property makes the perfect base for a luxury holiday, special break or as the venue to celebrate a milestone occasion or event.
Sleeping up to 8 guests in 4 spacious bedrooms this Grade II* 15th Century timber-framed, self-catering holiday cottage is located right next to the famous `Splash’ in the heart of Kersey Whilst retaining the spirit of the past, Cressland has been sympathetically and tastefully restored to an exceptionally high standard.
Cressland by the Splash is the perfect retreat to explore Constable Country, Suffolk’s idyllic open countryside, beautiful unspoilt villages, and the Suffolk Coast.
At a Glance
• Sleeps 7/8 – rated 5-star Gold by VisitEngland
• Four bedrooms – 2 with king size beds, 1 twin and 1 single (full size trundle bed beneath single).
• Wooden cot bed and/or travel cots available upon request
• Three bathrooms (1 en-suite and 1 downstairs with walk-in shower)
• Large sitting room with open fire, TV, DVD
• Office with wi-fi, family games, puzzles and books
• Beautiful garden with summer house, outdoor furniture, barbecue, deck chairs
• Luxury bed linen, towels, robes and slippers provided, including a hairdryer in every bedroom & fresh flowers. Please note that guests need to bring own bedding for cot
• Welcome basket with bread, milk, butter, tea, coffee, homemade cake, biscuits, wine, eggs, bacon
• Village Pub – The Bell 100 m
• Parking for 2 cars
• Only 90 minutes from central London
• Nearest airport – Stansted 80 mins – 43 miles
• Complimentary first barrel of logs
• Private garden directly next to stream with patio area, outdoor dining area, barbecue, summer house. The house has its own drive which offers parking for 2 cars. The stream is gated off, but please be vigilant with small children when the stream is high.
• The front door opens to the dining room. • Dining room - Large oak dining table and chairs to seat 8 people, large inglenook fire place with log burning stove, and full barrel of logs provided. Side table with light and ipod/ipad,iphone docking station, radio and CD player. Cloakroom area. Under stairs cupboard with deck chairs, children’s toys, safety gate. Stairs leading to first floor. • Bathroom - Downstairs walk in shower, toilet and wash basin. Door leading to - • Living room - Very spacious with 2 large sofas and chairs, ottoman, coffee table, desk and bureau, Smart TV/DVD with selection of DVDs. Beamed with original brick floor, rug, original fireplace, and open fire. Door leading to “Head Office” possibly the smallest office in Suffolk with desk, wi-fi, family games and books. • Kitchen - Large country kitchen, fully equipped, oven/electric induction hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, TV. Dining table to seat 8 with a wooden settle and cushions. Leading to utility with oil boiler, washer/dryer, ironing board, iron, dryer, cleaning equipment. There is a back door leading to the garden
First Floor Description
• Hallows - Twin beds, dressing table, built in wardrobe, bedside tables and original fireplace, original oak floorboards, beams. • Lovejoy - King size bed, wardrobe, dressing table, bedside tables and original fireplace, original oak floorboards, beams. • Meerkat - Single bed, with trundle bed underneath. Travel cot or cot bed available upon request. Wardrobe, dressing table/chest of drawers and bedside table, original oak floorboards, beams. • Family bathroom - Bath and overhead shower, toilet and basin.
Second Floor and Above Description
• Landing with stairs to second floor (Please note this floor is not suitable for young children, the elderly or disabled, as the staircase is very steep) • En-suite bathroom - Bath/shower, toilet and basin, leading to Witchfinder General room with King size bed, hanging area for clothes, dressing table, chest of drawers, bedside tables and small chaise longue at foot of bed, luggage rack, original oak floorboards and beams.
Window Views Description
Found in these collections
Real Fire or Woodburner
Located about 20 mins drive from Kersey Lavenham is considered to be Britain's best preserved medieval villageVisit Website
Kentwell Hall in Long Melford is a secluded and romantic estate set in Suffolk parkland with over 500 years of fascinating and unexpected storiesVisit Website
National Trust property is a stately home in Long Melford. A beautiful house once owned by the family of Beatrix Potter , with a tearoom and beautiful gardensVisit Website
A pretty hamlet which includes Flatford Mill and Willy Lott's cottage, walking in the footsteps which inspired John Constable's paintingVisit Website
The ancient market town of Framlingham is nestled in the Suffolk countryside and a firm favourite with visitors and locals alike. The perfect town for a stroll and to visit Framlingham Castle.Visit Website
Eating and Drinking
The Bell Inn Kersey
The Bell Inn is 200 m from the cottage - Built in 1378, the pub has a bar area with a cosy log fire, a bar/lounge and two rooms for dining. The Bell serves real ales and home-cooked, traditional pub food. It is best to book a table and is very popular with walkers and cyclists. Open every day for lunch, dinner and afternoon cream teas. Last orders for food is 9.30 pm. Ran by two lovely sisters, Janet and Wendy, the pub has a very warm and friendly atmosphere and children are welcome.Visit Website
The Lindsey Rose
One of England's oldest pubs, village local for over 500 yearsVisit Website
The Great House
An award winning restuarant in the centre of Lavenham offering some of the best food in the county.Visit Website
large Morrisons supermarket on the outskirts of HadleighVisit Website
Hollow Trees Farm
Hollow Trees Farm 10 minute drive from the cottage is great for a fantastic day out with an exciting farm trail and wonderful shop and cafe selling fresh, delicious food.Visit Website
Sporting Attractions and Activities
Hintelsham Golf Club
Set amidst the beautiful Suffolk countryside, Hintlesham Golf Club is a par 72, 6586 yard parkland golf course providing a great challenge for players of all abilitiesVisit Website
Stoke by Nayland Golf Club and spa
Set in the stunning Stour Valley, SbN is a country retreat which boasts a luxury hotel, tranquil spa, excellent restaurant and two championship golf courses.Visit Website
Located within the stunning countryside of Suffolk, Alton Water Park stretches across some 400 acres and is the perfect place to while away an hour or a whole day. If you are out for a leisurely stroll, then you are sure to benefit from the many walking trails and nature walks at Alton Water, for more adrenaline-filled action, there is the eight-mile cross country cycling track or a range of watersports on offer. There is also the opportunity to enjoy a day on the water fishing.Visit Website
Anglia In-door Karting
With our indoor racing karts and exhilarating multi-level circuit, we bring the thrills of karting to Ipswich. Anglia Indoor Kart Racing, over 20 years experience.Visit Website
With 18,730 hectares to explore, come and discover the UK’s largest man made lowland forest A patchwork of pines, heathland and broadleaves provide the ideal setting for a great day out, and a welcome refuge for a rich variety of animal and plant life. The forest covers a huge area with many different places to visit offering a range attractions from the exciting outdoor play facilities at High Lodge, the history and heritage of Mildenhall Warren and Lynford Arboretum and the peace and tranquility of the walks around St Helen's. Also home of GoApe for the whole family to go up into the tree tops.Visit Website
Included In Price
Low Season Week
Low Season Break 2 Nights
Mid Season Week
Mid Season Break 2 Nights
High Season Week
High Season Break 2 Nights
Luxury Barns & Cottages in East AngliaView Cottages