Hill Cottage is a delightfully romantic detached Old Drovers’ cottage that is ideally located on the edge of woodland but conveniently only a five-minute walk to the centre of the famous market town of Holt famous for its eclectic mix of shops, galleries, cafes and restaurants.
The property has been beautifully renovated to a very high standard and is the perfect mix of traditional including traditional beams. The sitting room is cosy and perfect to relax in by the wood burning stove after a day’s exploration. The sitting room leads onto a beautifully hand-crafted fully equipped kitchen which overlooks the back garden. There is a stylish downstairs bathroom with a free-standing shower. Should you need to do any essential washing during your stay, a washing machine is available for our guests use.
Upstairs there is the gorgeous en-suite bedroom with original vaulted beams that are exposed throughout the bedroom, allowing you to truly appreciate the cottage’s history. Guests love the spacious bathroom with traditional free-standing bath.
At a Glance
• One bedroom detached flint cottage filled with character and charm
• Peaceful large garden surrounded by a flint wall
• Overlooks woods and common land
• 5 minute walk to the centre of Holt
• Sitting room with beamed ceiling and wood burning stove
• A beamed and vaulted en-suite bedroom
• A luxury king-sized bed, crisp cotton sheets with duck down duvet and pillows
• All bed linen and towels supplied
• En-suite bathroom with freestanding bath.
• Fully equipped hand crafted kitchen with a dishwasher
• Enclosed garden and terrace with table and chairs
• This cottage is unsuitable for babies over 6 months and children.
One well behaved dog is welcome
Hill Cottage is surrounding by a traditional Norfolk flint wall, wooden panels and a hedge. In front of the cottage there is the Common and adjacent there is a wood. So even though it is a 5 minute walk from the centre of Holt, when listening to the birds sing, it feels as though one is in the countryside. There is a terrace with table and chairs.
Hill Cottage is a wonderfully cosy cottage with exposed beams, and a wood burning stove in the sitting room for the cooler winter months. The well equipped handcrafted kitchen leads into the breakfast room with French doors into the garden. There is also a downstairs shower room and washing machine.
First Floor Description
At the top of the stairs there is the bedroom with its vaulted ceiling and exposed beams. A very comfortable king size bed ensures a good nights sleep. Leading off there is the bathroom with a traditional freestanding bath. Perfect for a long leisurely soak at the end of your day.
Window Views Description
The sitting room windows looks out towards the front gate, that leads onto the Common. And the kitchen looks onto the garden and terrace.
Found in these collections
Real Fire or Woodburner
Included In Price
Low Season Week
Low Season 3 Nights
Mid Season Week
Mid Season 3 Nights
High Season Week
High Season 3 Nights
luxury barns east angliaView Cottages