Aug 02, 2018
10. Fenced/Secure Garden Area or Patio - For many people looking to rent a holiday cottage in the UK means the dog comes too. For this reason, having somewhere for the pooch to play and exercise without getting lost is essential. Many of our Dog Friendly Cottages know this and have purpose built, secure areas for your four-legged friend.
9. Real Fire/Woodburning Stove- There is something just good for the soul about a cottage or lodge that has a real fire or woodburner. If you are not used to a real fire then it is something of a treat to come back after a day of exploring and light up the logs and give your cottage a warm, cosy and romantic glow.
8. Welcome Hamper/ Local Produce - More and more of the cottages on Handpicked now provide new guests with a welcome hamper with local produce, basics and some luxuries to help you settle in. We stayed in Rose Cottage in Devon recently and upon arrival we were met with the wonderful aroma of freshly baked warm bread made just for us. Now that is what we call a welcome.
7. Entertainment for the Kids - If the kids are happy, everyone is happy. Relax knowing your child/children are safe, happy and entertained. With safe, child-friendly facilities such as games rooms, play areas, toys etc you can enjoy the holiday too.
6. Swimming Pools- Cottages with swimming pools are as popular as ever with thousands of requests each week. Indoor pools, particularly with the temperamental British weather are most popular with families and large groups. What could be better than starting your day with a bracing swim on your holidays?
5. Gadgets & Hi Tech – Making a great showing on our list are high tech gadgets that we all love: Flat screen T.V’s, Sky Packages, Sonos Audio Systems, Xbox & Nintendo Games all make for great bonus facilities in your cottage.
4. Games Room – The games room can be a great place to bond with the kids, maybe a ping-pong competition, table football, pool and even snooker and are all available in many of the properties in our portfolio. All of these activities help to make the short break or holiday fun for all.
3. Toddler & Baby Friendly - For many new Mums and Dads not having to hire a truck to bring many of the essential away with them is a big plus. Cottage owners know this and have provided many of these facilities as part of your cottage holiday. These items include: Stairgates, Cots, Bottle Heaters, Soft play areas, Baby Pools and much more. Check out our child friendly and baby friendly holiday cottages.
2. Pub/Restaurant within walking distance - You are on holiday and having a pub or restaurant close to your cottage was a big plus for our visitors. Eating out and meeting the locals is all part of the holiday or short break experience. No designated driver needed as a stroll to the local at the end of a day of fun is the perfect tonic (with gin).
1. Hot Tub - The number one facility requested by visitors to Handpicked Cottages is a private hot tub. Considered a luxury and a treat, cottages with hot tubs have become ever more popular over the last few years. Relaxing with friends or family in a large hot tub or maybe a romantic hot tub lodge for two with a glass of something cold, now that is what I call luxury!
Share this blogBack To News