Luxury properties across the UK
Encompassing Cornwall, Devon, Dorset and Somerset, the South West is one of the most popular cottage holiday destinations in the UK. Boasting some of the most unspoilt countryside and coastline in the UK, it is easy to see why booking holiday cottages in the South West is so popular. See all of our South West Cottages
The Southern counties of England are varied, each with their own character and charm. Our collection of holiday cottages in Southern England covers the areas of Berkshire, Greater London, Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, Kent, Surrey, Sussex and Wiltshire. See all of our Southern England Cottages
The North West England region is home to the counties of Cheshire, Cumbria and Lancashire, each with their own unique qualities that draw in international visitors. The region is steeped in history as well as popular tourist attractions making it a popular destination to visit all year round. See all of our North West Cottages
Visit historic North East England with its castles and ruins, beautiful coastline and family attractions whilst staying in one of our luxurious holiday cottages. The region is home to countless Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, National Parks and World Heritage Sites. See all of our North East Cottages
Highlands of Scotland
Borders & The Lothians
Perthshire, Fife & Tayside
Skye & The Hebrides
Grampian & Speyside
Handpicked Cottages have selected what we believe are some of the finest holiday cottages in Wales. We have some superb properties in the most beautiful areas of the country. Rural valleys meet with the stunning coasts to make Wales a perfect self-catering cottage destination. See all of our Wales Cottages
The UK is blessed with some of the most beautiful and diverse National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty anywhere in the world. For us, these stretch from Isles of Scilly holiday cottages in the south to the very tip of Scotland. The largest of these is the Lake District but there are well over 50 in total. See all of our Cottages in Special Places
The term ‘Handpicked Cottages’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is The Barn, Galmpton, Kingsbridge, Devon TQ7 3EY. The term ‘you’ refers to the user, advertiser or viewer of our website.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our website according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches;
- recognize you when you return to our website.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser (see Help within your browser for details) or for more cookie information, visit allaboutcookies.org
• While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee, express or implied as to the accuracy, timeliness, reliability, performance, completeness or suitability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content or functionality on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis.
• We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue, or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
• Booking Enquiries
We are solely an advertising portal.
If you make a booking of a holiday property (“property”) listed on our website, you will form a contract with the property owner (“owner”), who may be represented by a letting agent (“agent”). During the process of making an online booking on our website, you will be required to agree to any Terms and Conditions belonging to the owner or agent, which govern the contract. We have no control over these terms. If you make a booking following communications with a property owner or agent we strongly recommend ensuring you receive a copy of their Terms and Conditions by email or letter.
Our website is a portal/advertising website and does not act as an agent for any property listed. We list properties on behalf of many different owners and agents, bringing them into one useful place. We provide users with tools for searching through properties and facilitate communication between guests and owners or agents.
Owners may pay an annual fee for listing a property on our website. We also have arrangements with some agents whereby we are rewarded for bringing bookings to them. In both cases, we do not add any additional booking fees and the prices shown come directly from the owner or agent.
To help users communicate easily with owners and agents, we provide an email enquiry form for some properties. Information provided in this form, including the user’s contact details, is sent automatically to the relevant owner or agent. The owner or agent will thereafter communicate directly with the user. For some properties, we will display a telephone number for the owner or agent and/or a link to their own website.
We are not liable in any event including financial or contractual disputes between property owners (advertisers) (agents) and their customers.
COVID-19 Where can I find the latest guidance from the government? https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
If you have concerns about any aspect of COVID safety and safety measures in place you should contact the cottage owner or agency directly.
• We cannot guarantee that by placing an advert on Handpicked Cottages, you will receive enquires and/or bookings and we do not commit to finding guests for you. Our role is solely to provide a platform on which you can advertise your property.
• We do not offer refunds for unused advertising time however caused. This includes change of ownership, ceasing trading or any other reason. At our discretion we may offer an appropriate discount on future advertising.
• It is the advertisers responsibility to maintain their advert accuracy at all times. This includes making sure that availability calendars are up to date and correct. Failure to comply can mean the temporary suspension of your advert without reimbursement until updates have been made.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
• We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software. You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them.
• Handpicked Cottages can not be held liable for any algorithm changes imposed be search engines that result in any drop of rankings and therefore overall traffic to our site. We will of course endeavour to accommodate such changes however we do not guarantee any rankings or traffic to our site at any time. Please note any traffic stats quoted are subject to change without notice at any time.
. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.